Friday, 6 August 2010

Sun Drenched Girl Fronted Bands....

No, this isn't the name of a new band; this is the recent wave of girl fronted, sun drenched guitar bands. I'm sorry, that is as eloquent as it's going to get today as I'm pretty tired (was watching Arcade Fire on YouTube, Live at Madison Square Garden, which was AMAZING). Bands such as: Dum Dum Girls, Vivian Girls, Best Coast and Tennis have all turned up on the scene. Although, each of the bands have a different take on pleasing-to-the-ear, slightly lo-fi surf rock; they all come out sounding the same in the end. Don't get me wrong; I LIKE this music (I saw Best Coast at Rough Trade, and I thought they were pretty good; I was especially impressed by the guitarist's hair (I'll probably review that soon (that being the show, not the guitarist's hair (although it should be reviewed, it was THAT good)))). Anyway, yeah this may seem like a ramble (and it probably is) but I think maybe there should be more variation in todays music: more nihilist punk bands, more creative dance; that would make things more interesting. Oh and if you want to be in a girl, sun drenched guitar band thing try and be more like royal trux meets Sleigh Bells: now that I would listen to... Also Wavves are intense.

<>Jack<>Out<>

No comments:

Post a Comment