Saturday, 4 September 2010

The Fucking Maccabees

Ok so I screwed up. I made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, right? Well, the mistake I made was passing off the Maccabees as a hype band: a band that would spend a fleetingly small amount of time in the limelight and dissolve into bleak nothingness, like every Simon Cowell 'endorsed' piece of shit. However, after seeing The Maccabees at Reading, I changed my tune. I purchased ( I know right? Who does THAT anymore?) their sophomore album "Wall of Arms", and I was left mesmerized. The songs are so brilliantly written, and Orlando Weeks' warbled tone is entrancing. I strongly reccomend that anybody and everybody should buy the album, although I won't be reviewing it as it has already been out for a good while. For this occasion, how about you give the album a personal review? Or not.....

No comments:

Post a Comment